Friday, November 23, 2007

We've moved to Evans, Georgia

Well, it is certainly time for an update! There have been some big changes in Digsbyland! Thomas is 2 ½ now and Austin and I coming up on week 30 of this pregnancy journey – the home stretch! Tom is wrapping up his Georgia law training and will begin working 12 hour shifts shortly – mostly 4 days on and 4 days off. So, that’ll be another adjustment… We are really enjoying it here in Evans. It’s neat because the area is familiar enough to us that we don’t have to ask directions for everything, but since the neighborhood we live in didn’t hardly exist yet when we lived here 13 years ago, much less this side of town, it feels “new and different enough” for us. We’ve seen a few faces we recognize, but not many. We’ve made some neat new friends and Thomas and I started a playgroup with 2 other boys and 2 other girls (and great moms!). It’s so nice to be close to our parents and within a few hours from most of Thomas’s Aunts, Uncles and cousins. I have been teaching a couple of aerobics classes a week and am wrapping up my work with the SC Cancer Alliance (early this month was my last week working regularly – they are keeping me on for a little while as a consultant, but that won’t be more than a couple hours a week if that). I have a couple public speaking nutrition contracts here and there, and have acquired a few new clients in this area for my business (Blessed Expectations – I sell my handmade maternity and children’s gifts/cards to boutiques around SC and the Augusta area). I’m enjoying doing this – I have really been blessed with an immediate buy from almost all the stores I have approached. I am committed to keeping this a small business, but am excited about the opportunity to bring God’s Word into homes of people that I’ve never even met! We are just about finished with the major aspects of unpacking, plus we’ve painted, bought area rugs (not used to so much hardwood), replaced 5 faucits, added a glass door to the front (I love light!), and did an addition on the patio area last weekend. And you know when a I, at 7 ½ months pregnant, say we, I mean mostly my hard-working precious hubbie J. We’ll send some inside and patio pictures soon – here are the outside pics. It’s kindof hard to capture it from the front because of the 2 nice trees out front. It’s starting to feel like home. We are enjoying having a neighborhood pool to go to, too…trying to get used to the pool/lake drill instead of the beach – it’s quite different, but not bad. I hope that we’ll have most of our house stuff complete in the next couple weeks so we can start getting everything ready for a newborn to join us (Whoa! Reality is starting to settle in!). We’re working on finishing up Thomas’s “big boy room” - soon he’ll be moving out of what he already calls “Austin’s room.” We’re a bit nervous about Thomas having the freedom to roam out of his crib…you can say some prayers for that when you think of it!! Thomas is so excited about becoming a big brother! He talks about Austin a lot – tonight he said he wanted him to go ahead and come out now. Thomas likes to give my belly kisses and hugs and likes to feel the baby kick (and boy does he ever move - he’s as wild inside as his big brother is on the outside!) Believe it or not, that means for the first time in my life I’m getting in bed in the PM on a regular basis (rather than past midnight). He talks about what he's going to teach him and how he's going to hold him and rock him (and even spin him)... Thomas is cracking us up with the hilarious things he says – some recent examples: “we don’t take the peel off the banana while we’re eating it because then it could get germs on it” Today we saw a bigger boy at the pool with a bunch of little kids and he says “Mommy, that’s a big boy – he can drink coffee like daddy! When I grow up, I can drink coffee too!” We’ve taught him only married people should share drinks/utensils…Thomas and I were playing with wooden rings and he put one on my finger and his and exclaimed “we’re married now – we can share drinks!” When my mom gave him a pat on the rear, he said to her “we don’t touch hineys – I can touch mine, and you can touch yours, but no one else” I call Thomas “little love,” and tonight I said “thank you, Little Love” and he replied with “you’re welcome, Big Love” He’s been counting from 1 to 11 for awhile (except without the 7), but lately it goes like this: “1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 11, 49, Blast Off!” (seriously – every time no matter if there is anything around to blast off or not) He loves to play with his animals and Little People (“my people”) – all of which he has made clear have a mommy and daddy (so do his new baby teeth coming in – he’ll show you the baby tooth, the mommy tooth, and the daddy tooth)….so sweet! he couldn't quite get his basketball in the hoop (too high), so he ran inside and came out with his bathroom stool, then he set it up close and made a hoop (hey, it worked!) and said excitedly “almost!” which he’s heard often enough to think that must be what you say every time you shoot – even if you do get it in. His swimming class teacher said he was going to “crack an egg” (water-trick) on his head and Thomas said “no, you can’t, I’m allergic to eggs - but when I grow up, maybe I can have eggs" I could go on with a million funny things he says and does each day - Tom and I enjoy recapping them nightly. It’s so fun watching him figure out the world around him, and he is sure to provide a constant commentary so we never have to wonder what he is thinking. He soaks everything up immediately – he knows everyone’s names that we have met, he’s got our new address down, he recognizes when we’re about to drive near the strawberry/peach stand…he never ceases to amaze us. This week I started teaching Thomas his first non-song memory verse and he had it almost completely memorized by the 2nd day – Proverbs 4:23 (I’m envious of such a fresh mind!). Here are some recent pictures of us – we would love to hear what is going on with you and get some of your pictures, too! Keep in touch!

1 comment:

Steve and Bianca Giddens said...

look at you getting caught up! :) love you!